For those who frequent Wailea, it is common to describe dining out to be more of an experience than simply the food. With some of the most scenic settings in the world, outdoor dining is perfected in Maui’s southern coast. So with that, OpenTable released it’s Top 100 Outdoor Dining Restaurants. Surely Maui must have one or two entries. But it is a testament to Maui’s culinary prowess that the list included NINE Maui institutions, five of which are in Wailea. The honorees are (in no particular order):
- Ferraro’s Bar e Ristorante – Located in what is considered by many to be THE premiere Four Seasons Resort in the world, Ferraro’s has mighty shoes to fill. And it delivers more than just incredible cuisine, it delivers a world-class experience. The cucina rustica offers some of the most delectable Italian dishes you will find anywhere.
- Capische – Hotel Wailea’s offering, Capische also presents Italian fare, this time with more of an island twist. And the ocean views are among the best you will ever see. Anywhere.
- Gannon’s – Many know of Beverly Gannon due her immensely popular Hali’imail General Store Upcountry. But her endeavors in fine dining have produced some of the most authentic and distinguishable cuisine in the Pacific.
- Tommy Bahama’s Restaurant & Bar – Sure, Tommy Bahama apparel is the epitome of resort wear with island-inspiration. And the Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar at the Shops at Wailea delivers unexpectedly amazing results.
- Nick’s Fish Market – The Fairmont Kea Lani provides a beachfront setting that many only see in postcards. And with an award-winning seafood menu, even the most discerning diner will be satisfied. From setting, to service, to culinary delights, Nick’s Fish Market exceeds every expectation.
Also worthy of mention is the inclusion of the Five Palms Beach Grill at the Mana Kai. Located beachfront on Keawakapu Beach (my personal favorite beach in the Pacific), it is a throw-stone away from Wailea.
Share your Wailea dining experiences, comment away.